There’s no better feeling than putting the roof down on a sunny day, and taking a long trip down some county roads. And with summer coming up, now is a great time to consider car leasing and getting your very own convertible. This also means that you can afford to drive away in a convertible that you might not have been able to afford otherwise.
With personal car leasing becoming so popular recently, there are a tonne of different options, so you’re sure to be able to find the best convertible to match your style and needs.
Convertibles are a fantastic car to have, and are incredibly fun. We’ve had a look at some of the benefits of owning a convertible, and the top 5 convertibles on offer.
- They are great fun to drive, especially when it’s good weather! It’s a chance to get a tan and feel some wind in your hair.
- Convertibles also come in handy for night-time drives and a bit of stargazing.
- With the roof down, there aren’t any blind spots which are usually created by the pillars in the car.
- You don’t have to necessarily drive with the roof down. If it starts to rain, gets cold, or you just fancy a change, you can easily put the roof back up. Some cars will allow you to do this on the road, whereas others you may have to park up to put the roof back up.
- They are great for long journeys, especially with the unlimited headroom and unobstructed views along the way.
- Convertibles are stylish and timeless cars with a definite wow-factor. They are definitely bound to turn some heads.
- If you’re parked in a cramped space and don’t have room to use the doors, you can always take the roof down and hop out!
Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet
A retro-styled and iconic car which mainly focuses on looking good, so it’s a great choice if you want something funky to go cruising around the city in. However, it’s still very nimble and stable, so you can easily go about your everyday driving just fine. A plus point is that the roof folds relatively quickly, and there are a great range of eco engines. There may not be tonnes of room in the backseats, but there’s more than enough up front, and the boot is an okay size too.
The Beetle Cabriolet may not be as practical as other cabriolets, but what it lacks in practicality it makes up for in style. If you’re looking for another super stylish option, you could always check out the Mini convertible.
Citroen DS3 Cabrio Convertible
A very cool and modern looking car. The good news is that there isn’t a lot of wind noise when the roof is up, and it doesn’t take up a lot of boot space either. There’s also a great range of both petrol and diesel engines, and loads of options to add extras to the car. On the road, the DS3 can handle itself very well at higher speeds, but tends to struggle a little bit when faced with bumpy roads.
However, if you’re looking for a convertible with loads of gadgets, then the DS3 won’t disappoint. The entry level comes with central locking, cruise control and electric front windows. If you want extra, then the trim options add extras like climate control, air-con, tinted rear windows, Bluetooth, alloys and a spoiler. You definitely won’t be lacking in neat gadgets!
Porsche Boxster Roadster
The Roadster is an exquisite luxury car which gives drivers a full on sports car experience. This exceedingly beautiful car is absolutely fun to drive, and there’s loads of control, even in corners, and the handling is slick and swift. Porsche has a great range of powerful engines, so you’re sure to get some fantastic performance whichever one you opt for, and you’ll get some characterful engine noise too! Surprisingly, it has relatively low running costs, so you won’t have to break the bank paying for fuel.
The interior of the Roadster is just as sleek as the outside, and is quality throughout. You can see it is driver orientated, with plenty of adjustment in the driver’s seat. However, this luxurious car doesn’t come cheap, and you may have to fork out extra for features such as sat-nav, Bluetooth, and climate control.